Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whats the difference between a dental plan and a dental insurance ?

Dental insurance simply means you have a program where you get help paying for dental work. Usually, you pay premiums to have the program, but you may not have to pay anything, as it may be covered by your employer, or it may be that you are on someone else's insurance as a dependent.A dental plan is the actual description of benefits that you get with your dental insurance, and it varies from company to company, or even inside of the same company. For instance, some dental plans pay for two cleanings each year, and you don't pay anything for those. Other plans have you pay a small fee for each cleaning. Some plans will charge you a set fee (called a co-pay), like $35, for each cavity you have filled in the calendar year. Other plans will pay on a percentage basis, with the plan paying 80% of all charges, and you paying the other 20%.So, insurance is just that, insurance, where you have a program which helps cover dental expenses. The actual dental plan is the benefits you are allowed by your insurance company. Since they vary widely, you should probably find out just what is covered on your dental plan before you go to the dentist. You need to know what you will be paying so you can make informed decisions about your care.
Okay if you are asking what I think you are - you are asking about 2 different ways of going about paying for dental services.Dental Insurance - You pay your work or a company monthly and they (this is an example only) pay for 2 cleanings a year, 80% of restorative, and 50% of major work with a yearly max they will pay (such as $1,000.)Dental Plan - You pay work or a company (monthly or however its set up) and certain offices will accept it and they will give you a reduced rate on services as opposed to paying a percentage.With these, it usually comes out that the dental insurance is better since it covers a high percent of work, but sometimes plans can be better too. Its up to what you figure! :)
Pretty much the same. I have ameriplan dental. Its the best plan out there. It is $11.95 a month with a $20 one time processing fee...they do all your paper work thats why. Anyway it comes with FREE vision, prescription and chiropractic benefits as well. I was paying $195 for teeth inspection and cleaning, now with the plan I pay $50. And I had a filling.was $300 but I paid only $38. And I only pay $38 for a cleaning alone. I love this plan...and they are the number one dental plan in the USA so thats always nice too!Over 100,000 providers.Here is their site if you need it.www.everyonebenefits.com/pmriv...Good LuckAmy Letts

No comments:

Post a Comment