Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Whats wrong with my toothpaste?

when ever i wake up, i have this crap in my mouth, i think its like dead skin but i'm not sure, in my mouth. its sick, because i have to wear a retainer and all of the crap comes out with it. what the heck is this stuff? and have any of you had problems like this?
Answer:
It sounds like gingival sloughing-- the skin in your mouth is 'shedding', and it could be you're allergic to something in your toothpaste. This happens to me if I'm using a tartar control toothpaste, and my hygienist has the same problem-- she uses children's toothpaste and had me try it also. No more gingival sloughing. Hope this helps!
i have a retainer, but that hasn't happened to me, talk to your doctor
What brand is it? Some toothpaste was recalled in the U.S. Look at this link.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19214360/...
Check your toothpaste. If it says "Made in China" then throw it out.
We all have dead skin in our mouths sometimes.
Fortunately, that tissue is one of the fastes regenerating kind.Using mouth-wash is one way to kill a lot of this tissue.. but it's not so bad.. Try rinsing out your mouth better with water after brushing, and brush your tongue and gums too.. drink a lot of water during the day.Do try changing your toothpaste too.. Either way, it's nothing serious.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to write this post on your blog. I hope you the best and luck in remediating the symptoms your experiencing from wearing your retainer. Have a good rest of your day.
    Dentist Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete