Saturday, August 8, 2009

What should I do about the sores in my mouth?

I often get lots of canker sores in my mouth at one time. I've tried salt water, tea tree oil and chloraseptic. None of it works!! I need any remedies you have for me! Thank You!!
Answer:
There is a product I use that works really well. It is called Gly-Oxide. It is peroxide based. Apply it directly to the sore and let it sit for around 20 to 30 seconds to let the peroxide work on the area. You can actually apply it several times. It helps if you dry the area with a q-tip first. Hope this helps.
stop eating what ever spicy /acidic food like you have been eating
i've also heard if you swish some maalox over the sores it can help ..
don't eat spicey foods and put toothpaste on it everyday and don't bit the inside of your mouth that is what makes the sore.
After suffering with long-lasting canker sores for decades, I talked with my dentist about 10 years ago and he suggested I try taking Lysine (an amino acid, found in the vitamin/supplements section of any drugstore). I take 500 mg per day, and I've had almost NO canker sores since - even when they seem to be developing, they typically heal over within the same day. It doesn't work for everyone, but it's definitely worth a try. The cost is low, and since it's a natural amino acid there are no downsides.
For short term relief you can mix liquid Benedryl with Kaopectate in a 50/50 mix. Swish for thirty seconds and spit. The Benedryl has an anesthetic affect on the sores. For the long term try Rembrandt tooth paste. This will help you keep from getting the canker sores, also talk to your dentitst about laser therapy on the sores. This will decrease the pain and increase the healing time, as well as help keep you from getting them in the same place. Good Luck.
OWWWWWWWWW!! that has gotta hurt! what i did was I put alum on it, it stung so much for like 20 seconds but then it didn't hurt and then when I ate food i put the food on the sore it didn't hurt! well i hope you use my help it worked all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment