Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What is this white spot on my upper gum?

Recently, a small, white spot has appeared on my upper gum, above my right canine. It's not swollen, and it doesn't hurt unless I push on it, or rub my tongue over it. Some people were calling it an "acid bump," since I have been eating a lot of spicy/acidy foods lately.I've drawn a picture of it, and I'm not a great artist. And yes, I know it looks like a vampire, but it illustrates what I'm talking about.http://i15.tinypic.com/4l3j7u8.png...
Answer:
It sounds like you have a fistula.The fistula is the result of an abscessed tooth .The abscess is an infection that first forms around the apex or tip of the root. If left untreated the infection will begin to erode the bone around the tooth. You are going to need root canal in order to save the tooth.
its a new tooth comming out is what that would be in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment