Saturday, August 8, 2009

What should I do about my wisdom teeth? I'm only 14?

I'm 14 and all of my wisdom teeth are already in. But now they're starting to hurt and the side of my cheek (by my wisdom tooth) is hurting really bad that i've been taking tylenol to make it stop. IS it even possible to have your wisdom teeth removed at age 14? Will this go away without taking care of it? Everytime i chew on something it hurts really bad. Please help, thanks!
Answer:
I'm 19 and I had my ONE (I only had one) wisdom tooth pulled before it ever even came out because my dentist said that was the best thing to do. I'm sure if your dentist, or any dentist, heard you say that at 14 your wisdoms were in and hurting you that they needed to come out. You could really damage your other teeth if they stay in too long or get an infection. It only takes minutes to get them out and only takes about 2 weeks to heal up. (I know that seems like a while, but it's worth it.)Get 'em out. See a dentist.
get it pulled
You could have an infection in your tooth. Go to the dentist. Try rinsing your mouth with salt solution in the meantime. Let the dentist tell you if you need the tooth pulled. I don't think it matters how old you are.
go to a dentist, and tell him the problem, well, tell your parents
Yes, you can get it taken out - it'd probably be better now anyways so that the rest of your teeth can settle in. But make sure that you're flossing around it and all that, since something just might be stuck there. But you definitely should get it checked out, since tylenol can only do so much.
i had mine removed when i was only 14 or 15 that is the best way to go, and you can also go and get the stuff that they use for babies that are teething that make your gums kind of numb, i think they carry it in most drug stores
HELLO,
SEE A DENTIST.
Removing it is a better choice however u should see your dentist %26 he should be able to better advise you.
Sometime it might not be due to wisdom tooth like what you thot.

1 comment:

  1. I'm 17 now, and I still have my canine baby tooth! I'm so worried that when I when to a dentist last 2 years said to me that my canine was abnormal. So see a dentist ASAP!

    ReplyDelete