Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What is the best medication against a very strong pain on my tooth?

My friend needs an answer for this. His "wisdom tooth"is now coming up and because of that is painful and that tooth in the very back is breaking the gum as well. Any suggestions?
Answer:
try advil or motrin, i have heard about placing a whole clove on the area will help
Oil of Cloves..get it from chemist.
try taking mefenamic acid. its a pain reliever.
Ambesol topical like they put on babies teething gums and motrin.
Try puting an uncoated low dose aspirin right on the gum. Tastes bitter and salty but gives fast relief.Or rinse mouth with warm salt water.
Ambesol, Orajel, Motrin, Advil, or Ibuprophen (spell?). The Ibu worked great when mines came in. Good luck!
I always put Kanka on mine until I can get in to see the dentist. It works for me as it numbs the gum.You can get it a Wal-Mart where the tooth meds are located. It comes in two different types of containers. One is a small bottle with a blue cap and the other looks like a tube and has a soft brush with it. I use both of them, bottle for home and the tube when going some where.The aspirin trick is good too, but that is only if you are going to have the tooth pulled as it will kill the tooth and also it has been known to blister the gum. I have done it before and it is good, at least the tooth does stop hurting. But like I said, this is good only if you are going to have it pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment