Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What is the best over the counter method for whitening teeth?

There are lots of products on the market for this but my guess is some work much better than others. I am leaning toward Crest white strips. I am looking for feedback as to what works and doesn't.
Answer:
ive seen great results with crest whitestrips...ive used them before and i think they are the best..ive also seen patients that come into my office that have used crest whitestrips too and they're teeth got whiter and brighter...best buy for your money...they really works great...i buy it everytime i need to use it...i admit i love coffee:)
go with the white strips
Regular Baking Soda. It's a natural cleanser and it's safe. Plain Baking Soda in a box.
Go to a tanning bed, if you dare. I would be sure to use sunblock when you are in there.
Grit your teeth, like you are smiling, really big while you are in there. It's the same thing the dentist uses to whiten your teeth.
You might want to keep a piece of gum in your mouth to keep it from drying out.
Avoid mouthwashes containing chlorhexidine cos they basically cause yellowing stains, which can be removed by your dentist.
I've heard alot of the expensive celebrity briteglow which is something that you apply directly on your teeth.
If you're looking for an inexpensive option WhiteGlo is a good brand - it was voted no. 1 in the choice magazine (by consumers).
good luck!
None. But if you can find bleaching gel over the counter, that would probably work the best. That comes closest to what professionals use.
Crest strips have always given me good results. I just recently switched to the Supreme that my dentist offers. But was on the otc ones for about 4 years. The key is to use the whole system as directed to get max results. Some ppl have sensitivity when on any whitening system. With strips, it helps to not brush before use, use the strips separatly, skip a day, or allow more time before the next set. Instead of using the sets back to back, I use one in the morning and another at night. Sensitivity does subside within a couple of days of not using it or as you continue the system. I've tried the Rembrant strips also but they didn't work for me. My friends have tried it w/results. It's cheaper though. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment