Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What is the best teeth whitening product on the market?

I was a smoker and always promised myself once I quit I would whiten my teeth...they aren't horrible, just are a very fainy yellow. Enough for me to notice being I see myself everyday. Anyways, I was wondering waht is the best teeth whitening product on the market without a prescription/dr's visit?
Answer:
Crest strips are great. I've been using them for 4 years, coffee drinker, ex-smoker and they work great. I use them about every year or so. The key is to go through the entire system as directed to get max results. The Classic or Renewal line works great. The Premium line didn't work so good on me but everyone's different. The Premium line does take shorter time though, you wear them for 7 or 10 days. The Classic 14 days. And Renewal 10 day. I find the Renewal lifts deep stains (claims to remove up to 20 years of stains) but the Classic gave me longer lasting results. Any one of these, you wear for 30 mins a day, twice a day. It may cause some sensitivity. To decrease some of it, don't brush before use, wear the top/bottom separately, skip a day or allow more time in between each set. Like instead of wearing them back to back, wear a set in the morning and at night. There's also Crest Multicare, which gradually whitens your teeth. It takes 5 mins a day. I've also used the Rembrant whitening strips but no results for me. But my friend has used it and it works good. It's on sale on Amazon for under $10 which is a good deal. The strips cost about $30. Some dentists offer Crest Supreme too. I'm on that now. It has higher whitening ingredients and larger strips. While on any strips, avoid coffee, soda, tea, smoking, or dark drinks. Or rinse after. I use a whitening toothpaste like Colgate Total whitening or Rembrant whitening (pricey though) to prolong the results. There are more effective whitening options your dentist offers but since you ask for only otc. =) Good luck!
Krylon
for me Colgate...
Sensodyne. It works for me
Crest Premium White Strips work great! as long as you use them twice a day as directed. they work awesome! i used them and people noticed within a few days! I also bought the crest whitening toothpaste and mouthwash. i get lots of compliments on how white my teeth are and i notice a significant difference.good luck!
Whizzo butter
Congratulations on quitting smoking.
I got bleach %26 trays from my dentist, but my insurance paid for it at the time. Now a vial of bleach is only about $7.
Heard Crest strips work well. But, be careful because bleach can make your teeth sensitive.
If you're trying to save money, try brushing with baking soda and rinse with peroxide. DO NOT SWALLOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment