Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What is the average time you have to wear a retainer?


Answer:
For the first year after your braces are removed, a retainer is supposed to be worn 24 hours a day. After the first year, they are supposed to be worn every night while sleeping (approximately 8 hours).
9 hours. If you just got them I would still wear them for 9 hours, but MAKE SURE you wear them everynight otherwise your teeth WILL move. Hope this helps. =]
it's usually 12 months for 6 months you wear it all the time and for 6 months you wear it only at night
i still have my permanent one in and i wear my removable one a few times a month and i have had my braces off for like 7 years
I had my baces removed one year ago, and I wear my retainer every night at bedtime only. Make sure you do wear it. I know of many people who never did this, only to have to get braces again in their adult life! Sometimes I might forget to wear mine, and the next day, it hurts when I put in on.
Your teeth will move, so be sure to follow your ortho's orders!!
One year.

No comments:

Post a Comment