Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What is ok to eat after a tooth extraction?

I had my tooth pulled yesterday morning and I was wondering what is ok to eat at this point? My dentist told me not to eat any solid foods for 72 hours, which I plan to follow. I'm just sick of eating pudding/yogurt. I have like 290 bags of ramen noodles that look so good. Are these safe to eat? They are hot and you do have to chew them somewhat. So I'm not sure. Also, I've had a few bowls of mashed potatoes.
Answer:
After one day, if there is no more bleeding, you can start eating normally.Try eating what you like. Just make sure you rinse with water and salt after your meal.
Extractions heal from the inside out so it should be ok to eat regular food after 24 hours.
anything cold such as ice cream is good...eat soup, soft rice, black beans maybe plantains too cuz theyre soft.
72 hrs is a bit much, when i got my tooth extracted i was already able to eat on the second or 3 day...i couldnt open my mouth too wide but i'd cut my food in tiny little pieces.
Jello!
The Ramen should be OK if you let it cool off quite a bit. The heat from it may make the empty cavity start to bleed, which will take it that much longer to heal. I would also break up the noodles so you don't have to chew them much. The simple action of moving your jaw could irritate the empty spot, too, but I think the Ramen would be OK if you cook it through. Have you tried anything like tomato or chicken noodle soup? They might help with the variation of your diet while your mouth heals up, but again, watch the temp. on them.
just make sure they are REAL soft and chew on the other side of your mouth
you cant eat hot food because the blood vessel on the extracted part will dilate and it will cause continuous bleeding (the bleeding won't stop) that's why they give you cold foods gud luck! hehe ^_^
All I really ate for a few days was cans of soup, like chicken noodle, cream of corn. I even lost 4 pounds. :)
um huh i dont get what i read sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment